More Great Picnic Ideas…
With temps in the 90s, there’s no denying that the dog days of summer are firmly upon us. To that end, we’ve put together a few more (kid-tested) picnic ideas to that require minimal to no cooking.
- Organic spinach and feta chicken sausage with sweet potato “fries” (baked sweet potato, peeled and cut in matchsticks) and watermelon
- Grilled pasture-raised chicken breast with steamed broccoli, corn on the cob, and cut up strawberries
- Organic peanut butter (or sunflower butter) and apple butter spread on an Ezekiel tortilla with red peppers, cucumbers and carrots (steamed for younger kids) and blueberries
A few other things to keep in mind…
- Remember to store perishable foods (hot dogs, chicken, salads prepared with mayonnaise) in an insulated cooler with ice or freezer gel packs.
- Keep food out of the sun and discard after an hour.
Have a great picnic or BBQ menu? We want to hear from you!